Software QA Engineer
The Software QA Engineer is an integral role in our product development team. This person will be responsible for contributing to product success through testing, identifying and writing automated test cases, analyzing requirements, creating test plans, and tracking issues. He/she will work side by side with developers to contribute to improving overall software quality and providing recommendations for improvement opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following and other duties as assigned.
• Work within a highly collaborative software development teams that utilize hybrid of Agile/Scrum and traditional waterfall development methodologies
• Build clear, concise, and complete test-related documentation
• Help set-up/configure the test environment with necessary applications and tools to verify the functionality of the system under test
• Build and maintain an automated test infrastructure for a multi-platform product that will be used to validate all aspects of the product operation
• Establish processes and tools set to maintain automation scripts and generate regular test reports
• Identify software defects during testing within set sprints
• Perform other Product development related duties as required & assigned by the manager
• Identify bugs and issues and coordinate bug Fixes with Development Team
• Generate use cases to ensure that testing captures the system’s functional requirements, and enacting test plans for new software products or updates to existing systems
• Follow legal policies as directed.
Education and/or Experience
• 4+ years of experience in Software Product Testing in the AGILE/Scrum development framework
• 4+ years of experience as a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
• Demonstrated experience in test framework design and development
• Experience developing automation in at least one OO languages – Java, C#/C++, Python
• Experienced in mobile (iOS and Android) and web test automation
• Working knowledge of test methodologies, QA processes, software release cycle, & test case management
• Understands software testing effort estimation in AGILE/Scrum projects
• Experience with at least one ALM & defect tracking tool – Jira, VersionOne, Wrike, Zephyr.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.